Why become a member? ×

F/S: 1988 EBMM STINGRAY 4 (birdseye maple, 3-eq, HSC) *** SOLD ***

Apothem

Hi everybody. I know it is Stingray galore out there, but let's see anyway.

PLEASE note the bass is FOR SALE ONLY, in order to fund something I have already secured.

1988 EBMM Stingray 4 string, in non-trans Red, with beautiful birdseye neck and fretboard, both glossy (unlike later and current production). Serial is 26854. 3-eq and Pre-EB style bridge. 4-bolt neck and metal battery cover.

[attachment=94298:DSC04016.JPG] [attachment=94299:DSC04017.JPG] [attachment=94300:DSC04018.JPG] [attachment=94301:DSC_0731Avv.jpg]

[attachment=94302:DSC_0738ab.jpg] [attachment=94303:DSC_0739q.jpg] [attachment=94304:DSC_0741q.jpg] [attachment=94305:2011-02-02 16.53.05.jpg]

The body is not varnished, and it has a number of small chips (3-4mm) through the finish around the edge/bouts (visible in the last pic) and a very light checking on the back visible only at an angle. Very smooth on the front instead. The neck is absolutely fine and frets look barely scratched. The bass in excellent overall condition for her age but simply I have not played her for quite some time. The sound is "thick and pasty" like in a Pre-EB and it comes in a rectangular Fender hardshell moulded case in perfect state, WITH KEYS (the newer style with the four big plastic latches).

Price for BCers is £999 including shipping to mainland UK, payable with bank transfer (Paypal has a nasty habit of monitoring me very closely, as they think I am a business trying to avoid merchant fees... yeah, right.....). Established BC international members welcome, but shipping will be extra. You and I well know this is a great price so let's not beat around the bush, alrite?!? :)

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY: this is a LIMITED TIME OFFER. If you want it for Christmas it MUST SHIP by 12th/13th DECEMBER MAX. (shipping on 14th IS NOT GUARANTEED, it may be already too late, and 15th is ALREADY A GUARANTEED NO-NO), after which I will not be home anymore until January. Hence any payment must be done early enough. If there is no interest I may even try eBay but I always try to give fellow BCers a head up.

Sorry but these are the only pics I have, as the wife has lost the camera last week at a wedding and my phone is just pure cr*p.

Thanks for looking

Claudio

Edited by Apothem