Why become a member? ×

Markbass Cabs - Voicing/tone...

sixdegrees

Be careful if it's a Classic (valve) head it's not a good match to the MB 6 ohm load of the 6x10 but with any SS or hybrid you should be alright.

To answer your question I'm not a big fan of Markbass cabs they sound very sterile to my ears,quite natural sounding but missing a bit of character- but a lot do like them,As always I'd try one with your head to make sure your happy.

Thanks for the input.

It's an SVT 7 head, so no problem with the impedance (and I probably wouldn't want a ported cab with a valve head if that were the case).
Does 'natural sounding' mean that they produce the tone of the amp without much colouration, or is that a polite way of saying they sound bland?

I found with my MB cab that natural sounding comes out as the sound of my bass. Im running a Aguilar AG500 SC, the cab to my ears and playing has lovely growly bottom end and tight, punchy, meaty mids. If you can get hold of one to try, give it a shot!

If you live in the North East you're welcome to try my 410.

Dan