Why become a member? ×

screening pup cavities question

daz

I am planning to screen the pickup cavity of my Farida bass. I know i can buy some copper paint. Or can i use what i already have.

ie: [b]1[/b]/ A can of silver 'aluminium' paint. or[b] 2[/b]/ a spray can of a thing called 'weld through primer'. It does what it implies. Allows you to weld right through it onto the metal, being as it is rich in tiny flakes of Zinc. (of course this is pertinant only if you are using one of the elctrical welding methods such as MIG/ TIG or Electric Arc.)

Would either of those be any good instead of copper paint ?

Edited by daz

The Zinc sounds OK, simple test - spray some on a test piece of wood - when dry put a Ohm meter probes on it & see if you have conductivity through the 'paint'. If you do I can't see it being any worse than special conductive paint you might buy for the job.

[quote name='KiOgon' timestamp='1323184712' post='1460258']
The Zinc sounds OK, simple test - spray some on a test piece of wood - when dry put a Ohm meter probes on it & see if you have conductivity through the 'paint'. If you do I can't see it being any worse than special conductive paint you might buy for the job.
[/quote]

Good thinking Batman :)