Why become a member? ×

1970 Guild M85 For Sale.

mmmalmberg

I know there have been some on this forum interested in this model so I'm listing here, 'though the bass is in the U.S., shipping can always be sorted out if there's sufficient interest.

This is an early M85 with dual Hagstroms and the deep body, black with white binding. I just rewired it with new caps, CTS pots, new switch and jack, all of the hot runs are shielded and it sounds better than ever. I was going to say I don't know why I waited 'til now to do this but having just done it I know the answer - it's quite a pain when the only access is through the pickup holes! But it's really sounding good. This has been my bass for the past 35 years but I just don't play it enough to justify owning it and need cash to buy a hang-glider. Middle age thing I guess... :)

Neck and fretboard are in beautiful shape, normal paint wear and chips. Holds tune like a piano, intonation is excellent.

Pics at [url="http://www.markmalmberg.com/guild/"]www.markmalmberg.com/guild/[/url]. $3400. USD plus shipping. Reply here or email me mmmalmberg (AT) comcast (DOT) net.

thanks,
Mark M.

p.s. if you click the square button to the left of the forward/backward control, and full-size your window, you can get much bigger versions of the images.

Edited by mmmalmberg