Why become a member? ×

1977 Fretless Fender P

solo4652

I'm no P bass expert - not even a beginner really, but the seller is trying a bit too hard in the copy - which makes me suspicious. Much prefer the down to earth matter of fact ads that tell you the score and that have quality high resolution photos. The fingerboard.... either do the former fret slots in a light shade or precisely the colour of the fingerboard wood - any 'expert defrettifier' would do this. Doesn't look too good to me. Hard to tell in any case with this abysmal photography. What about a serial number that can be seen?

Edited by ShergoldSnickers

Ok one thing I have noticed. Weren't the 70's P's Truss rod at the heel, and the area where you would find one on, say, a Squier, filled in with what looks like Rosewood? That doesnt have a truss rod slot on the headstock, and if it is filled it certainly isnt with Rosewood?I love my P's but I'm no expert, just going by what I've seen.

Rather like THIS one [url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1979-Fender-Precision-Bass-electric-P-Bass-vintage-CBS-NATURAL-Rosewood-/380378560571?pt=Guitar&hash=item589054383b"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1979-Fender-Precision-Bass-electric-P-Bass-vintage-CBS-NATURAL-Rosewood-/380378560571?pt=Guitar&hash=item589054383b[/url]

Edited by Nibody

[quote name='ShergoldSnickers' timestamp='1323524138' post='1464181']
I'm no P bass expert - not even a beginner really, but the seller is trying a bit too hard in the copy - which makes me suspicious. Much prefer the down to earth matter of fact ads that tell you the score and that have quality high resolution photos. The fingerboard.... either do the former fret slots in a light shade or precisely the colour of the fingerboard wood - any 'expert defrettifier' would do this. Doesn't look too good to me. Hard to tell in any case with this abysmal photography. What about a serial number that can be seen?
[/quote]

I've emailed him and asked for the serial number.

Edited by solo4652

Just had this reply:

[color=#0000CD]I[color=black] [/color]have updated the listing to include the serial number (sorry about the photo!)
here it is: S868743

As to the other questions... I will have to find out for you. I am selling this item for a neighbour. I'll pop round and measure it for you, should get back to you in a day or so.
don't know what active/passive means - that's to do with if it's powered, isn't it? there's no "on board" power source or battery supply, so I guess that would make it passive. (am I right?). I believe the electrics and truss rod are good... you'd be welcome to come round to Kentish Town and have a look. [/color]