Why become a member? ×

Ampeg SVTs vs Peavey Tour 700

MikeyCunningham

Hi,

I'm new around here and have recently bought an Ampeg 8x10 from one of this forum's many awesome members.

Now i'm faced with the difficult decision of picking a good head!

The band I play is here : http://www.facebook.com/thecatharsishc?sk=app_178091127385

I think i've narrowed it down to one of the Ampeg SVTs (pro or the 450H, but more likely the latter) or the Peavey Tour 700 but I am more than open to suggestions. I dont mind tubes/solid state or rack mounted heads so I really am open to you guys opinions. I have up to around £450 to spend, but could perhaps push to £500 if an absolute screamer came around.

Cheers guys, looking forward to your thoughts!

PS. I use a mexican fender P bass and sansamp bass driver DI, too.

Both Peavey and Hartke give you a lot of 'bang per buck'.

I've been using a Peavey Tour 700 for the last 12 months and am very happy with it, prior to that I was a Hartke user.

Only reason I moved over to Peavey was that it was time for an amp change and Hartke didn't have a product that matched my requirements at the time.

Edited by icastle

Peavey tour 700 through Barefaced Big One. Plus - great tone, great flexibility, sane carry weight of head. Negative - I feel the need for even more Watts, this is in a band with 20W guitar combos (loud drummer though), big venue and no pa support. I preferred tone and low end tightness and control of Peavey over Marshall VBA I had. The more Watts needed may be due to cab choice. Try before you buy as usual.