Why become a member? ×

Anyone else at Crisis for Christmas gig tonight? - Weller, Brand, Coxon, Minchin

Clarky

Just back from the Apollo where Joe Brand was on great form, Tim Minchin was terribly intellectual (and I thought not in the least bit funny, but then I was clearly in the minority), Graham Coxon performed his new-wave-mixed-with-Syd-Barrett-psychedelia stuff and Paul Weller closed with lots of his latest stuff and very few nods to populism as is his wont (biggest cheer of night for Town Called Malice, the only Jam song he played, will probably have irked him ...)

All in all not a great evening of entertainment IMHO - the music didn't do it for me, although both bands were very polished - but clearly a decent amount of money raised for a worthy cause

Highlight for me was a woman with thick glasses coming up to me and saying she thought I was Paul Weller :lol:

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1324456057' post='1474313']
[NOT PC] You should have done her on the strength of it. [/NOT PC]
[/quote]
Bit tricky as I was standing with Mrs C at the time [PC]whom I worship and adore[/PC] :P

Weller and Adele
[attachment=95658:02182217290_2.jpg]

Clarky and Mrs C
[attachment=95657:P1040331.JPG]

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1324460258' post='1474353']
[DIGS BIG HOLE] There [i]is [/i]a [i]slight [/i]resemblance.[/DIGS BIG HOLE] :lol:
[/quote]
I think you need to go to Specsavers too! If Paul Weller ate an entire pie shop, maybe from half a mile ....!

[attachment=95664:bognor_gig_014.JPG]