Why become a member? ×

Can someone tell me what the weird chords are in this chorus?

xilddx

Can someone tell me what the first intro chord is at 0:02 ? ie. bass, keys, vox. What chord does it imply? If you can give me that chorus sequence in chords, and the scale and scale tones of each chord, you will help me understand some serious stuff! I can't even hear the key centre really, is it something like E minor modulating to G sharp minor?

Any help gratefully received!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KjVGJ3YFDc8

[quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1324499805' post='1475064']
Wow! Who are these guys? I'm off a googlin'.

Swedish 3 piece. Not sure about the use of 'pop' tunes as the core material but, that aside, these guys are bloody good. And I never realised Gareth Gates was such a great bass player,
[/quote]
Bilbo, I'm listening to this bloody thing now! I can't get enough! I'm even adjusting to the bass solo a bit :)

I want to know why the chorus makes me sh*t myself every time I hear it. It kills me! That's why I want to know what those chords builds are. I want to learn from this.

I know you tell us to love jazz, but this is the embodiment of jazz principles in a format I can't get enough of.

I wrote one note in a song that got my band's hairs on end, and this band's cover of a Bieber number is the power of ten to what I achieved with that note. I wish I could afford the time and cash to study properly, I want to understand :(

[quote name='Joebass' timestamp='1324498867' post='1475049']
Here's the chords for the intro.

The original's in Eb but they've re-harmonised so much it doesn't really have a key center anymore.
Great band!
[/quote]

I reckon it does have key centres. But they re hard to get a grip on. Is that chart the original or what Dirty Loops are doing? Thanks so much!

EDIT: looking at this chart it looks like it's what DL are doing but just the keys chart. Forgive me, I am totally ignorant, as Bilbo will attest to. What is the bass and vocal implying in terms of chords? I wish I had the skills to transcribe it.

Edited by silddx