Why become a member? ×

Hello from Hants/Wilts

philparker

Hi Everyone!

A great site you have here and I am looking forward to gaining some valuable advice and tips and also contributing where I can.

I suppose classical guitar is my main instrument and I have flirted between electric guitar and bass for over 30 years in numerous bands, but mainly bass in recent times. I have decided to take my bass playing up a level and to do some specific study and practice (with some lessons) to get me there and not just rely on my previous musical background and knowledge.

I mainly use an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray and a Warwick F.N.A Jazzman fretless, although I also have, but rarely play Fender P lined fretless and an Aria 5-string. For quiet practice I plug into my AER Compact 60 and for gigs I have a Trace Elliot GP11 4 x 10 combo. I will be looking to get a lightweight set-up in the future, which brought me to this site in the first place looking for reviews on Barefaced, TC Electronics, Eden, Mark Bass etc. I will spend some quality time researching (and saving up) before parting with my hard earned cash!

I live on the Hants/Wilts border, but my roots are in North Manchester, where there is a great live music scene and I have recently contributed bass guitar playing on a couple of jam nights when visiting friends/parents - another reason for me wanting to change to a lightweight and compact set-up as well as rewarding me with some great fun in comparison to the hours of study and practise I do on classical guitar just for repertoire maintenance!

[quote name='philparker' timestamp='1325930291' post='1489872']
Hi Everyone!

I live on the Hants/Wilts border, but my roots are in North Manchester
[/quote]

I'm not so far from the Hants\Wilts border, my roots are South Manchester though. Welcome to the forum - hope you enjoy it