Why become a member? ×

Spell check not working in FF9

dave_bass5

I dunt know if its just tis latest update but i cant seem to get the spall checker to wek on this website. Its fine on all otherz.

Itz on but nufing is highligted as spul wrong.

The uver thing is unless im cliking on a word the option to sill cheek isnt even there, i just get the frame menu raver than the text menu, again, dis is fine on other sites.

Its not dat i ned it off corz.

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1326386807' post='1496568']
I dunt know if its just tis latest update but i cant seem to get the spall checker to wek on this website. Its fine on all otherz.

Itz on but nufing is highligted as spul wrong.

The uver thing is unless im cliking on a word the option to sill cheek isnt even there, i just get the frame menu raver than the text menu, again, dis is fine on other sites.

Its not dat i ned it off corz.
[/quote]

*Like* ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1328703312' post='1531327']
Surely spell check is a system wide thing and shouldn't be affected by either browser choice or the site you are visiting?
[/quote]

You would think but thats not the case. For a start IE8/9 (in fact all versions) have never come with a spell checker, so 3rd party add ons have always been needed, and i believe its the same for FF although its a bit easier to sort out.
IE9 was working fine but not FF9. FF10 seems to have fixed whatever compatibility issue was stopping the spell checker from working on here.

• 2 weeks later...

When you right click on a word and get the menu come up it should give you the option to change language. If this isnt there you may need to download the English (UK) dictionary. Just go to tools/addon's and follow the links.
I get different results from both my PC's. one has as ive described above but the other has some other strange word checker as well. Not sure where that came from although it might be to do with the spell checker i had installed for IE9.