Why become a member? ×

Fender Jazz, but not as I konw it.

Dom in Dorset

I like it but It dosn't look like a Fender.
I'm trying to work out how the knobs work, the spec says :[list]
[*]Master Volume
[*]Pan Pot
[*]3-Band Active EQ with-
[*][b]Treble Boost/Cut[/b]: +/- 10 db @ 8kHz, a shift in the cut frequency, and about a 2dB slope per octave.
[*][b]Mid Boost/Cut[/b]: +10dB, -15dB @ 500Hz, and a wide band slope.
[*][b]Bass Boost/Cut[/b]: +/- 12 db @ 40 Hz, with a 4dB slope per octave.
[/list]
So that's five knobs? I only see four.

[quote name='Dom in Somerset' timestamp='1326497486' post='1498216']What is that?[/quote]
An update of a 20+ year old design. Looks like the 40th anniversary Jazz Bass I owned back in the early 90s, except a darker wood/stain. Saying that, two of the others are 50+ year old designs, so I guess that makes it something of an innovation in Fender design terms.

I utterly love the way they look. Kinda like the 70's walnut jazz's. But my attempts at recreating one are doomed. Some of you may recall two years ago before Christmas when I'd got the parts for one for Christmas and a HUGE personal problem meant I never even got to open them and had to sell them off immediately :-/ still proper gutted about that. Then last year I bought one off a guy on talkbass only for the costs to continue to inflate as he 'researched the shipping' then took ages to refund me, which when you earn what I do (less than £650 a month!) was a huge stress with a lot of worry, caused me to mess about a basschatter too when the money didn't appear when first promised :(
Still want one though,, but pretty scared what horrors I'd unleash if I was ever able to pull the trigger! Cursed I tells ya!

Edited by gafbass02

The Fender VB bass was modeled after the original Pensa Jazz bass that Victor played on his debut solo album Bottoms Up. It also had a Flamed Koa top I think. I don't think £1700 is too ridiculous a price, Pensa jazz basses start around $3000 for a basic model.