Why become a member? ×

Issue with Trace Elliot V6 - ht fuse

MarkG3

Alright,

My V6 tonight died at the end of the first song of our gig, changed all the leads etc and just wouldn't turn on.

Looking at the ht fuse it has blown, it has only recently been serviced and revalved, I didn't notice until now that on the back of the amp it states two fuses:

115v t10a and 230v t5a

Does the amp need both these in at the same time as in the ht fuse box does have two spaces but it has worked fine before with just one fuse in the slot closest to the front of the amp. I know this might seem a bit of a noob question.

Thanks

Nope it doesn't use both.

The reference to the 115V T10A is the rating of the fuse you'd need to be using if you were running the amp in the US.
You need to use a 230V T5A fuse (note the [b]T[/b]5A, don't try using an F5A or it'll just blow as soon as you switch on).

The extra compartment in the fuse holder is just a handy place to store a spare fuse, it's not connected to anything.

EDIT: Don't forget, fuses generally blow for a reason. If it blows again when you've replaced it then there's something wrong and you should take it back to your service guy.

Edited by icastle