Why become a member? ×

Sold! Trace Elliot V6 with a fault - £400 Sold!

MarkG3

Sold!

Hi everyone,

I am selling my Trace Elliot V6 after upgrading to a lightweight set up. I have loved this amp and have had it about 4-5 years.

It was serviced and re-valved completely with Sovtek kt88s in September-October time - I cant recall what make the pre amp valves are but I can have a look back in emails if needed to jog my memory!

It also had some extra work carried out on it after it developed a fault previously, here is a copy from an email from the tech who repaired it :

[font=Calibri][size=4][font=georgia,serif]"When I looked at the amp it was blowing the mains fuse which was caused by a short circuit diode on the output transformer and also faults in a couple of valves. I imagine a similar fault (say on of the other diodes on the output transformer) could also blow the HT fuse but then almost anything in the amp could cause this as well. The amp also had a problem of instability (ie going into oscillation) in the output stage which on the advise of EMS (the main service people for Trace Elliot) I carried out a modification which involved installing resistors in series with the output valve cathodes. This seemed to cure the problem."[/font][/size][/font]

[font=Calibri][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The other night at a gig the amp blew another HT fuse so I contacted the tech again, hence the part where he says 'I imagine a similar fault....' to find out what was going on which he replied he can only assume it is a similar fault as before.

I hope someone on here will know an easy solution so it can be fixed up and ready to go again. As when this amp has been running well it has an immense tone as I am sure some people would know.

I am looking for [s]£525 [/s] [s] £450[/s] £400 for her!

To confirm this DOES have some faults with it as stated above so the buyer needs to be aware of this.

Also as this is very heavy, collection would be preferred as I would feel uncomfortable sending it and the valves being damaged!Also am happy to drive halfway or meet up somewhere!

Thanks![/font]

[attachment=97498:IMAG0007.jpg]
[attachment=97499:IMAG0008.jpg]
[attachment=97500:IMAG0009.jpg][/size][/font]

Edited by S9_S12_Bass

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...