Why become a member? ×

Guitar amp clips - sorry!

mcgraham

Got a new amp from MJW Amplification in Derbyshire. I think it sounds sweet as, so did a few clips to show off the goodies.

[url="http://soundcloud.com/mcgrahamhk/mjw-bantam-amp-clips"]http://soundcloud.com/mcgrahamhk/mjw-bantam-amp-clips[/url]

First part is as clean as clean can be, then moderate AC/DC crunch, then saturated crunch. I can give settings if you want.

It has power scaling, so every single one of these clips were done at bedroom/apartment volume levels. That crunch is all power stage breakup though. Recording was just standard SM57 1" from dustcap on-axis micing straight to Garageband.

The AC/DC type crunch/lead is my favourite sound and could listen to that all day. What I love, even on the saturated crunch, is how articulate and clear the pick attack is on every note. The definition is never lost.

Let me know what you think!

Good effort man. I like the sparseness of some bits, then sliding in at points. Definitely get stuck in and do some more.

If I had to suggest one thing to have a think about is try to feel the groove - the ebb and flow - of the piece a bit more. Sure, artistic license and pushing and pulling and being free is great but there's a pulse in there that you can work with and around, so why not use it! Just a thought!

[quote name='mcgraham' timestamp='1327091802' post='1506466']
Good effort man. I like the sparseness of some bits, then sliding in at points. Definitely get stuck in and do some more.

If I had to suggest one thing to have a think about is try to feel the groove - the ebb and flow - of the piece a bit more. Sure, artistic license and pushing and pulling and being free is great but there's a pulse in there that you can work with and around, so why not use it! Just a thought!
[/quote]

Totally agree :)
I am suffering from latency issues (no excuse I know) and will have another stab at it (putting it through my PXR4).
As long I didn't ruin it, I'm happy :)