Why become a member? ×

speakers for sunn 415m

nickwillk

So I have recently acquired a sunn 415m and need to put speakers in it. I have a few different JBL speakers and was wondering what I should use. Have 2 JBL 2225’s, 2-K140’s, 2-e140’s, and 1-e130. These are all 8ohm speakers. I was planning on running it at 2ohms but was not sure what I should use out of what I have or if I can use a couple of what I have but need possibly a few others. I was hoping to just use what I got but let me know your opinion.

Thanks

Edited by nickwillk

[color=#222222]I was hoping to get lots of low end out of it. I’d be running it with an Ampeg classic head. I also got a Sunn 215b I think it is. It's the silver clothed 2x15 with the port on the right side of the cab when standing vertically. Which gets plenty of low end but I got a good deal on this and figured I’d try to make something work[/color]

+1 to Mr Foxen's reply.
I use a Fender Bassman rig and first tried a big 4x12 Bassman cab and did just what Mr Foxen says - plenty of drive but not much bottom. So I settled on a ported 2x15 Bassman cab that delivers lows like you wouldn't believe, as well as plenty of mid punch; it can be driven well too.