Why become a member? ×

Not the deal its being made out to be!

throwoff

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEFT-HANDED-FENDER-JAPAN-CUSTOM-CRAFT-SHOP-1975-JAZZ-BASS-75-LEFTY-J-CIJ-REISSUE-/180800595799?pt=Guitar&hash=item2a188e2757#ht_1605wt_1344"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEFT-HANDED-FENDER-JAPAN-CUSTOM-CRAFT-SHOP-1975-JAZZ-BASS-75-LEFTY-J-CIJ-REISSUE-/180800595799?pt=Guitar&hash=item2a188e2757#ht_1605wt_1344[/url]

Correct me if I am wrong but this is fundamentally a bitsa with a different neck and body bolted together, some new pickups and the claim that it is in some way a Custom Shop instrument which it is not.

If there is a Japanese custom shop for the domestic market, you'll end up with a funny Engrish name as it says here. The [font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size="2"][b]"JCCS Certificate."[/b][/size][/font] should say its one if the place exists, and additonal work has been done, as necessitated by being a Fender. from the info given it seems to be fine, but the info given might be BS

I hate this tone in the descriptions:

'I have 36252839 Custom Shop Fenders and each of those are cr**p compared to this (but I'm selling this one, not those others), but this one is a master crafted gem better than anything ! Included: Original receipt, 2 oz. of Japanese craftsman epidermis, whole lot of other cool stuff and buy this cause otherwise Geddy Lee will buy this first.'

Damn, seen this waaay too much times. I'm not saying this bass is poor quality or sth (it's a beauty, really), but it's just the description that p**sses me off.

[quote][b]OUCH! If That's Not enough...[/b]
[b]The guitar has just been professionally set up, the body cavity and reverse side of the pickguard has been fully shielded with professional grade copper foil, the rubber insulated wire has been replaced with vintage cloth wire, connected point to point by hand according to the original Leo Fender schematic and the circuitry has been star grounded through a 400V .33uF Mallory capacitor for the cleanest, most accurate '75 Jazz Bass sound possible.[/b][/quote]

hmm I think that the correct vintage spec 70's jazz would have a .022uF cap? and pretty sure Leo Fender was not star grounding on his schematics.... and most passive basses are point-to point...... ?