Why become a member? ×

Hi all from Stroud in Gloucestershire

Sladonians

Hey all.

First post here. In a local band called Biscuit Thief, mix of 70,80' covers and some original stuff too.

Have been using an old rehashed tanglewood Nevada bass, just about to upgrade to an Ibanez GSR 200 which I finally decided to go for over another tanglewood (rebel 4k) after reading reviews.

My questions are, what strings should I put on it, and what's the best cable to use?

Am 42 and fairly new to gigging but getting into it quite seriously now. Play a mix of bass, lead and rhythm guitar and vocals. We are a 3 piece combination of drums, keys, guitar and bass. It's surprising what 3 of us can do especially with each being a little versatile.

Always happy to chat an looking forward to being a regular contributor here

Andy

Stroud is good to gig in by all accounts, not much else for people to do that go to gigs and smoke weed. Strings are massively a personal choice, so you'll need to say a lot about your tone and playing style/technique, and budget. Elixir strings are expensive, but last ages if you are a fingers player what won't tear the coating off, so you save in the long run, but some people hate the feel. Then you have to figure guage. They are my favoured since I play fingerstyle,nee a bright tone without horrible finger squeak if I slide over them with loads of gain, may be a totally different situation to yours.

As for cables, pick a length and message BCer OBBM, makes cables to order of good quality at a good price.