Why become a member? ×

FS/FT Alembic Superfilter SF2 - SOLD!

[quote name='Matte_black' post='169261' date='Apr 3 2008, 04:43 PM']I need to get rid of this wonderful unit as I'm downgrading amplification to a small head instead of preamp+amp+filter.
It works perfectly and is in pretty good cosmetical conditions too. It's the best buy if you have a stereo bass but it's awesome with standard basses too... it's basically a tone shaper that gives you all the versatility of Series II basses without the hassles of owning an Alembic bass :huh:
I'll consider reasonable offers. I could be interested in trades for small, light heads or basses in the same price league. €550 or BO. Pics upon request.[/quote]

MB1. :)
hassles to owning an Alembic series II Bass...... Surely Not!!! ;)
Ave a Bump!

Hi Matte Black, I guess you're overseas (where?) - can I ask what the power supply is on this? How old is it, does it have manual etc? I'm looking for a rack-mount pre-amp so, given what I've read about it, this could be the answer.
Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='171766' date='Apr 7 2008, 09:17 PM']Hi Matte Black, I guess you're overseas (where?) - can I ask what the power supply is on this? How old is it, does it have manual etc? I'm looking for a rack-mount pre-amp so, given what I've read about it, this could be the answer.
Chris[/quote]
It's not quite the same Beedster but I have an Alembic F1-X and it is a fantastic pre amp. I use it with both My Alembic 5 string and my 78 jazz and it's quite simply awesome, so I'm pretty sure this will be the same if not better as it has the tonal variations of the series II electronics
Jake

Hello! Beedster, this isn't a preamp, it's a tone shaper. It's like having the eq. section of a Series II bass in a rack unit.
My SF2 was bought used but as far as I know all Alembic electronics (SF2, F2B and F1X) are made to work with both 220v and 110v without modifications :)
If you have other questions just ask. The SF2 COULD be sold as I've received a fair offer and a nice user was interested in it.
Oh, unfortunately I don't have the manual but Mica Wickersham would certainly help you if you needed one. The unit is extremely easy to work with so I never needed the manual. I have both the european and USA power supplies.

[quote name='Matte_black' post='171830' date='Apr 7 2008, 10:16 PM']Hello! Beedster, this isn't a preamp, it's a tone shaper. It's like having the eq. section of a Series II bass in a rack unit.
My SF2 was bought used but as far as I know all Alembic electronics (SF2, F2B and F1X) are made to work with both 220v and 110v without modifications :)
If you have other questions just ask. The SF2 COULD be sold as I've received a fair offer and a nice user was interested in it.
Oh, unfortunately I don't have the manual but Mica Wickersham would certainly help you if you needed one. The unit is extremely easy to work with so I never needed the manual. I have both the european and USA power supplies.[/quote]

OK, thanks. Let me know of the sale falls through.
By the way, what's the difference between a pre-amp and an active tone shaper?
Chris

[quote name='jakesbass' post='171802' date='Apr 7 2008, 09:50 PM']It's not quite the same Beedster but I have an Alembic F1-X and it is a fantastic pre amp. I use it with both My Alembic 5 string and my 78 jazz and it's quite simply awesome, so I'm pretty sure this will be the same if not better as it has the tonal variations of the series II electronics
Jake[/quote]

Thanks Jake, must admit I feel drawn to it :)