Why become a member? ×

My 3 main weapons of choice...

StevieD_FenderP2009

So here you go. These are my 3 main basses at the moment. On the far left is my Squier Vintage Modified 77 Jazz Bass which I've heavily customised, My newest acquisition, a Spector Legend 5 Classic and on the far right, my most important and sentimental bass, my Tobias Toby Pro 4-B which has been customised.

Squier VM 77 Jazz Bass mods:

* Fender "F" stamped 4 bolt neck plate:
* Squier VM Jazz Bass neck (swapped with Nibody)
* Complete copper shielding of the control and pick up cavities
* Fender chrome pick up and bridge covers
* Schaller strap locks
* Control knobs from a Geddy Lee jazz bass
* Blue tortoise shell pickguard
Mods to come:
* Fender reverse wind tuning pegs
* Hipshot BT-7 D-Tuner
* Seymour Duncan SJB-1 pick ups
* Possible white body refinish

Spector Legend 5 Classic mods:
* Schaller strap locks
* EMG-HZ pick ups
* EMG BQC pre amp
Mods to come:
* Hipshot GB-7 D-Tuner
* Seymour Duncan ASB-BO5 black out pick ups
* Possibly an Aguilar OBP-3 pre amp (doubt it though as I am liking the EMG pre amp)

Tobias Toby Pro 4-B mods:
* Leo Quan Badass II bridge
* Dave McKeen KE-3Ba pre amp
* Complete copper shielding of the control cavity
* Complete re-lacquering and tip of headstock repaired after I damaged it on garage roof
Mods to come:
* Hipshot GB-7 D-Tuner
* Seymour Duncan ASB-BO5 black out pick ups

Apart from these 3 basses, I have the Fender Steve Harris Precision Bass and a 1987 Fender Precision Bass which has been modified with the same parts as the Fender SH Bass so they've got the exact same specification but I've had it finished in a checkerboard paintjob so it's a copy of his bass from the "Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter" video.

As it's not totally finished yet I haven't got a picture of it but here's the Steve Harris signature bass with his "Ed Huntour" vest from the Ed Hunter tour back in 99/00 when Bruce and Adrian came back. I managed to acquire the vest off Michael Keeney, Steve's bass tech/Iron Maiden's keyboardist. Apparently he had worn it for some of the gigs. If so, I'm going to clone him... haha! Anyway. here's the bass. (also pictured is the Virtual XI tour official football shirt, my Leeds United sweatbands and my strap which has a scarf sock cover in the Leeds United colours just like Steve has the scarf sock covers in the West Ham colours)

Edited by StevieD_FenderP2009