Why become a member? ×

Rig Dilemma!

basstech

I'm going to trade up my TC Rig and have been looking at the following:

Aguilar DB750 amp & 8x 10 DB cab £3k

Hartke LH1000 amp and 2x BF Big Twins £2,750

Ampeg SVT pro 7 amp and 8x10 cab £1,800

I've tried out the Aguilar rig and its awesome.
Also tried the Ampeg one and its great (though not quite up to Aguilar sound quality).
I would expect the Barefaced Rig to be completely outrageous but havent tried this out yet,

I'm also wondering about longevity of manufacturer - and so Ampeg is looking good on this and the price front.

What would u do??
Thanks
JB

For info; Ampeg have been sold and production moved nationally and internationally more times than any other company in the last 10 years.

Aguilar cabs sound fantastic, but I can't lift them. Can you?

I'd look at the BF Super 12T rather than 2 BB's.

With the budget you have I'd look at the Bergantino HD series cabs and any amps that Mark at Bass Direct would recommend.

There is also a DB750 and Bergantino 610 in the FS section.

Don't forget to take a look at the EAD cabs, incredibly impressive, [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/152456-ead-extended-audio-design/"]http://basschat.co.u...d-audio-design/[/url]

I'm over the moon with mine (note to self, must write a proper review at some point).

Edited by gilmour

[quote name='basstech' timestamp='1327859488' post='1517786']
Hartke LH1000 amp and 2x BF Big Twins £2,750
[/quote]

Are you playing wembley with no PA????????????

Without sarcasm, if you want that 8x10 feeling of power, then either the BF Super15 will be a sure fire hit, with much better sound than the ampeg, or the barefaced '69 which is BF's take on the classic fridge.

I thought I'd add, that you should definatly try before you buy, especially when you are shelling out that kind of dough, but you also have to remeber youy have to live with the amp/cab aswell. Lugging around cabs that are heavier than my house is definitly not for me.

Edited by Prime_BASS