Why become a member? ×

1973 Jazz Bass Body???

Well its been resprayed, but not in the neck pocket but aren't there usually dates on the genuine Fender stuff from this era?
Not to mention the price!!
I was thinking of bidding but thought that it looked like 60s spacing next to my 70s spacing Jazz pic...
[attachment=98759:photo.JPG]
maybe its the angle.

Difficult to be 100% certain unless anyone can scale up the photograph, but I have an original 1962 Jazz and, measuring from the bottom point of the scratchplate, the bridge pickup is hit at around 20mm. You should find your 70s version is further back and the white re-fin looks like it is also.

Leaving the neck pocket untouched is quite a tasty thing to have done IMO - it shows the original colour and therefore that it's an 'honest' re-fin.

Cheers Doc, thats reassuring. looking again I think it might be 70s. I tried laying the pic over my pic but couldn't even get the outline of the body to line up so must be an angle thing. But the distance between the neck PU and the bottom of the scratchplate looks the same as the distance between the BPU and the scratchplate which is correct for 70s.