Why become a member? ×

Ashdown, Hartke mix help please.

rqbass

Hi all
My first post and it’s a help me please I’m afraid. I have an Ashdown amb 500 evo11 4x10 combo that’s been playing up for a while. It’s been back to Ashdown twice but as the problem is intermittent it can’t be recreated under test :(. As I can’t trust it at gigs I bought a Hartke LH500 and plugged it into the Ashdown cab. However when I turn the volume up to 3 the speakers start to distort and if I squeeze for a little more it sounds like impending doom. The Hartke book reads for 500watts use 1cab at min 4 ohms or two cabs at 8 ohms. The back of the evo combo reads speaker outputs min load =4 ohms. (I’m assuming at 4ohms that gives 500watts also).
Can anyone tell me if this setup should work ok please?

[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=#000000]Thank you for your responses guys it really is helping. [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=#000000]dave.c, everything was set at around a third travel with the bright off and the limiter on. I’ll try your settings and see what happens. Good shout about the extra cab scenario, got me thinking what would change if the cab is 8homs…I’d be getting only 350 watts and it’s still trying to turn the speakers inside out right?[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=#000000]Clauster and BOD2 yes that’s correct. I had taken the head out of the combo put the Hartke in its place and plugged the lead from the cab in. [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=#000000]My thinking when buying the Hartke was if the Ashdown cab was 4homs I should get 500 watts and wouldn’t need to buy a new/extra cab. I could just extend the cab lead put the Hartke on top of the combo and swap as needed.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=#000000] [/color][/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=#000000]oooerr! my font styles got a mind of it's own. [/color][/size][/font]

[size=3][color=#000000][font=Times New Roman] [/font][/color][/size]

Edited by rqbass