Why become a member? ×

My amp to headphones...

Walker

Hi all,
My signal chain is pedalboard > Markbass TTE500 > a pair of Vanderkley cabs.

Could I run the output of my TTE500 into one of these so I can practice witjh headphone using my whole rig or would I blow something up?

[url="http://artproaudio.com/artcessories/mini_mixers/product/powermix_iii/"]Art Pro Audio PowerMix III[/url]

Thanks
Chris

++++++++++++++++++

From their site...

[i][b]Problem:[/b] How do you connect a CD player, a synthesizer and the [color=#ff0000]line output from a bass amp[/color] to a tape deck?[/i]

[i][b]Solution:[/b] Use a simple stereo mixer. The PowerMIX III can accept either mono or stereo signals and mixes them down to stereo or identical L/R mono signals.[/i]

very simply any small mixer would do what you want as long as it has at least a single mic/line input and a stereo input for CD/iPod/PC. I use a small Soundcraft Notepad which has 4 mic/line and 4 stereo inputs and is much more flexible. I plug my bass straight into the mixer.

Because the line-out from the Markbass is a DI out I would assume that it comes before the main volume control in which case you can just turn that down and keep the speaker connected. What the manual doesn't show is whether the DI is pre or post EQ.

If the line-out is after the main volume control then you will need to run the amp with the speakers disconnected.