Why become a member? ×

Discreet in a 'Rock' Stylee (2): Open Your Eyes

discreet

Found another track by my previous band... bit of a racket really, and is a demo which never got properly recorded or produced owing to the break-up of the band...

[url="http://soundcloud.com/mark-68-2/open-your-eyes/s-6CvRZ"]http://soundcloud.com/mark-68-2/open-your-eyes/s-6CvRZ[/url]

Meh. Whaddya gonna do? We had fun while it lasted... B)

I shouldn't be too hard, as, by your own admission, it's an unpolished rough gem of an opus, 'work in progress', needing some retouching to bring out it's best. Fair enough, I'll give it a (slightly...) higher score once you've upgraded (read: changed...) the singer (yes, there are ladies with good voices out there; rare, but they exist...), thought of a decent bass line (your one used fret must be getting quite worn by now...), found a drummer with a touch more dynamic and initiative, edited out those 'tuning in to the BBC on long wave without success' FX's, perhaps even brought in as innovation the notion of 'chords', or 'progression'.
Meanwhile, back to Schubert (oh, the relief...!).
But then again, I'm old. Only a few more years to go and you can do as you wish, it won't be disturbing me much. Oh, the relief..!

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1329001224' post='1536013']
Only a few more years to go and you can do as you wish...
[/quote]

I'm very sorry you don't like my recordings, Dad! My own Dad doesn't like them, either. But then he [i]is[/i] 83.
Perhaps you could post some of your own stuff here? So everyone can see how it [i]should[/i] be done? Thanks! :D

Edited by discreet

Just 'covers', I'm afraid, and your Dad won't like these, either... No great pretentions, just a village 'do' for charity, and a slightly too enthusiastic home video operateur, but you'll get the gist...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AdP00WnG7U[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO0Fq3TCQNc&feature=related[/media]

...but, please, don't get me wrong. I have no idea of how it [i]should[/i] be done. If my comments have offended, I apologise, that's not my intention. You asked for opinions, so I gave them. I'm not a fan, that's clear, but you have my respect for posting. No malice intended; we don't have the same tastes, that's all. I'll abstain, if that helps.

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1329009101' post='1536104']
I'll abstain, if that helps.
[/quote]

No need for that! I'm actually posting more stuff here than I would have, given your opinions. Just to annoy you. :lol: And big respect for posting, I didn't think you would... ;) I'm into Radiohead, so no problem there... if kids like something, it's generally good, imho. They have no agenda. No apology necessary. I don't get offended easily as a rule. Only when I get back from the pub. :D

Welcome back from the pub, then...

Chums again, then..? I would like to think so. Take credit and solace from all the positive likers who appreciate your more modern style. As I've said before, I'm just old, that's all. My Dad didn't like M. Hendrix much, either (amongst others...).
(...but if it's solely for irritating me that you're putting these out, you can stop now. Blood could be spilt... :P )

PS: the whales were no better, imho...

Edited by Dad3353