Why become a member? ×

who is Paul McCartney?

ojplaysbass

[quote name='steve-soar' timestamp='1329162349' post='1538230']
Her sausage was awful.[/quote]

As Ms Mills once remarked early on in her matrimony to the Fab One.

Beginning of the end, y'know.

[quote name='EdwardHimself' timestamp='1329162716' post='1538239']
That's a bit prejudiced, isn't it?
[/quote]

In favour of veggies, yes.

I mean, what do you want me to say - that - like bass players - they're all raging nutters who pick up a grudge like there was a tenner tied to it? That they fastidiously pick the bones out of someone else's transgression until one of them says "Oooh, look, it's disappeared completely. What are we going to do now?". That they lack the minutest sense of proportion?

I could say that, if you like, but it wouldn't be true. There's only ever been one bad veggie and that was Hitler. The rest are all lovely.

Edited by skankdelvar

[quote name='S9_S12_Bass' timestamp='1329155808' post='1538069']
Just shows how ignorant people are towards music - Peoples brains just get filled with the sh*t from X factor and Britains got talent and just think the people who 'sing' on the shows are everything and filled with talent. I think it's pretty disgusting that Macca isn't known considering what he has accomplished as a musician. Ok you may not like him but at least know who the f*** he is!
[/quote]
McCartney on X Factor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwutfEne6sI

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1329163692' post='1538269']
How d'you like my new plastic surgery? Pretty smooth, huh?
[/quote]

'Smooth' doesn't even begin to describe it. Lustrous, pearlescent and friction-free. It's like a big, beautiful graphite stringsaver of avatars. only globular.

What about these irate Macca fans, eh? I shall have to deploy The Baddest Word Of All.

[b]Le*non[/b]

See, I did it. Said I would.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1329163692' post='1538269']
How d'you like my new plastic surgery? Pretty smooth, huh?
[/quote]

What's happened to your mince pies ?

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/864/thetangoman.jpg/][IMG]http://img864.imageshack.us/img864/5188/thetangoman.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Garry

I can just about watch him live...but that is courtesy of a decent band and a great back catalogue.
I can fully understand kids of today not knowing or wanting know anything about him though, but
sooner or later, if you are relatively serious about music, you will come across his stuff.
Personally, I thought it was the Beatles and all downhill from there, but who cares..?
Obviously, not many younger kids..they have their own heroes, for good or bad.

We have this kind of debate every year.. and I don't see why he MUST be relevant.
He either is or he isn't to certain people

It happens to all of them.. I was recently talking about James Taylor and a bit later about The Pretenders...no one had ever heard of them.
I used to date a girl who was twenty years younger than me and we were talking about music and I said" If I'm not mistaken "Nothing compares to U" was actually a sort of B-side of a Prince-song" to which she replied "What's a b-side ?"

I remember back in the 80's when Harrison was in the hit parade with the 45 of 'i've got my mind set on you'.

He garnered quite a few votes in the Smash Hits best newcomer poll.

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1329162908' post='1538249']
There's only ever been one bad veggie and that was Hitler. The rest are all lovely.
[/quote]
Not according to QI. The veggie part, not the bad part.

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1329166292' post='1538327']
We have this kind of debate every year.. and I don't see why he MUST be relevant.
He either is or he isn't to certain people
[/quote]
It's not necessary for people to 'know' someone for them to be relevant to their lives.

How many kids today have heard of Tim Berners-Lee or Jonathan Ive, yet it's a fairly safe bet that they've both had a big impact on their lives.

I suppose it's possible that some kids have absolutely no interest in popular music, but if they do then Macca has played a big part - whether they know about it or not.