Why become a member? ×

Sansamp with a built in 1000watt amp? New Tech21 Amp.

ben604

Nice simple design without piles of flashing lights and buttons that never get used - I'm half persuaded by the appearance alone!

Nice to see a quantification of the power rating as well -
[color=#ff0000][i][size=2]Measured using a -10dB 400Hz test signal with all amp controls flat, no Reverb or Boost. [/size][/i][/color]
[color=#ff0000][i][size=2]Actual levels will vary with your settings.[/size][/i][/color]

There's been a guy in the states making a micro amp from the VT bass pedal and B&O 500 watt icepower module for a few years now - can't remember his name. He resides over on the other site. Mods all the character series pedals with added XLR and speaker defeat option. Surprised it's taken Tech21 so long to catch up to be honest! As already noted this would need to be pretty cheap to compete with the VT bass deluxe/peavey ipr combination.

Watched a vid on youtube the other day comparing the Tech21 VT 300 watt head with an ampeg SVT to show that the VT had more clean headroom than the SVT... think perhaps they were missing the point somewhat...

[quote name='Bigwan' timestamp='1329398185' post='1541809']
There's been a guy in the states making a micro amp from the VT bass pedal and B&O 500 watt icepower module for a few years now - can't remember his name. He resides over on the other site. Mods all the character series pedals with added XLR and speaker defeat option.
[/quote]

Sorry, that is not enough info.

[quote name='Bigwan' timestamp='1329513578' post='1543832']
[url="http://www.putnamguitars.com/mods.htm"]http://www.putnamguitars.com/mods.htm[/url]

You did ask (it's under the rack vt mod drop down options)...
[/quote]

Rats, I was kind of hoping it was a beefy amp plumbed into a floor pedal. Of course, on reflection there would be no space. But it was exciting for a moment.