Why become a member? ×

Jonathon Cainer explains learning the double bass

sarah thomas

Feeling a little frustrated by the pace of my learning, I turned to astrology for guidance and found this:-

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]How are you supposed to run somewhere, with a ball and chain attached to your ankle? Even if the place you are running to contains a metal worker, able and willing to cut through that chain, you can hardly run there. At best, you can just hurry a little, though you must take care not to hurt yourself. Nor, really, is it fair to think of your current impediment as a punishment. It is not a ball and chain. It is a commitment you must keep and a restriction that you have reason to feel glad and proud to be bound by. Trust that view.[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Timely advice![/font]

I'm always saying this to my clients. The ultimate goal is to be a proficient DB player but that is such a big step it seems impossible. How can you break it down into small goals that will eventually lead to the ultimate goal? It's identifying those small steps that's more important than the end game. This could get a bit philosophical. :facepalm:

Edited by BassBus