Why become a member? ×

Donald Fagan

bubinga5

me and my sister were glued to watching this... the thing ive always loved about Fagan is his interesting chord choices and the way he puts things together.. and importantly there attention to details .. that in its self is great.. but then you have his/there vision of what an overall song, that he and Becker had in there heads.. and the choice of what session musicians would work for this particular track....... no other band have entranced me so much.... parts 1 and 2....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP_2r9zbaIY

well im sure lots havent heard it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz8AJh7_mKc

I love his music too. Always remember finally getting a girl called Maxine back to my digs on the day that i first heard "The Nightfly", which was a present from my dad. Even now years later when i hear the opening to the track "Maxine" it brings back memories of that summer back in the 80's.

[quote name='BottomE' timestamp='1329611645' post='1544953']
I love his music too. Always remember finally getting a girl called Maxine back to my digs on the day that i first heard "The Nightfly", which was a present from my dad. Even now years later when i hear the opening to the track "Maxine" it brings back memories of that summer back in the 80's.
[/quote]
Some say that we're reckless
They say we're much too young
Tell us to stop before we've begun - Great story BottomE!

Love The Nightfly - it's probably the one album that has held up best since I got it when it came out. Harmonies are super cool (Maxine is just amazing), and the drums+bass playing is just WOW. Anyone who hasn't got a copy should pick one up! :)

(btw it's Donald Fagen nothing else)

You can see why he always use top notch keys and piano players now... :lol:

Richard Tee...genius..!! Don Grolnik ( sic ).. Victor Feldman,.
As Becker said...you can easily be way out of your depth playing with those guys.... :lol:

But yes, both Becker and Fagen were very articulate in knowing what they wanted..and getting it.