Why become a member? ×

Orange AD200B and Cabs

danweb22

Just got my self a Orange AD200B with an OBC115 cab (in special edition colour "Blood Orange") and was wondering which second cab to add to it? I was thinking another OBC115 maybe as they aren't too bad weight wise but didn't know if anyone had tried this combination? It's either that or the OBC410 which is obviously what Orange recommend but my god it is a heavy cab!

Penny for your thoughts :D

If you can, try both cabs. Personally, the 4x10 and 1x15 sound wonderful (to me) and I have no problems with tone/mixing the cabs at all.

I would LOVE to hear two OBC115s though.

When I tested a Compact, years back (probably first revision) to my ears, the OBC115 side by side with the Compact sounded more suitable for what I was after. Slightly punchier, a little more aggression. The Compact probably had more low bass movement.

My rather vain eyes prefered the style of the OBC115, for obvious reasons as it looks cool.

Tom Bowlus did a shootout with a load of 1x15s and it came out very favourably, (the OBC115).