Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Mag 300 4x10 - Input volume issues

petesurvivalcode

Hi,
Just trying to find out if anyone else has had simialr issues with this model or what possible diagnosis might be.

Ive had this amp for about 8 years, unfortunatley hasnt seen much action in the last 6 except some light practice through the low input. However i now need to take it on tour in april and theres a problem with the input volume.
The input pot is scractchy (both through low and high jack inputs) and the signal is distorted and fuzzy at most volumes, there are one or two positions where its ok but then when i try and up the output volume the signal fluctuates though the output pot isnt scratchy.

Anyone had this/simiar issues with an Ashdown?? Or able to make any general comments/recommendations?

Much appreciated
Pete

Welcome to BC. You know the answer to this, if the pot is scratchy and you are going on tour then it has to be replaced, you can sometimes clean them up with some Servisol (switch cleaner) but it is often a sign of wear and only a temporary fix. It will of course fail mid gig in the middle of nowhere at a weekend if you don't sort it first.

Sorry

Hi, this could be a zillion miles away or it could be the money shot. I had a Peavey 300watt 1 x 15" which was doing more or less the same thing. Turned out after a frustrated strip down to be a dodgy speaker plug connector on the board. A small screwdriver to pinch the conector bits tighter, and viola!! Perfectomundo forever more. Worth a look.