Why become a member? ×

Octave fuzz tracking well on bass?

1976fenderhead

I'm looking for a pedal which will give me synth-sounding octave fuzz and which will work well with bass (4-string)... basically, imagine the Bass Microsynth without the filter section.

I'd like:

- one switch only activating everything (not one for fuzz and one for octave).
- it to be ideally the size of a Phase 90 or at most, the size of a T-Rex pedal.
- sub-octave mostly needed but if it also had octave-up that would be even better.

Any suggestions?

You read my mind, that's one thing I'll try, I don't think he does octave pedals so would probably be an expensive request, but his Micro Fuzz is my favourite fuzz, that plus octave would be sweet...

So far the best option I've found seems to be the Black Cat Sub Octave Fuzz which is quite expensive too, and the Catalinbread Perseus but no idea how that works with bass... Does anyone know?

I was looking at Catalinbread pedals today & saw that. I'd imagine it'd be pretty good, but I've never tried any of their pedals.
is the Malekko B:assmaster too big?

Infact, I don't see why Max wouldn't be able to whip the circuitry from whatever octave pedal you wanted & combine it with the Micro Fuzz in one box.

Edited by xgsjx

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1330901820' post='1564704']
I'd take my fav Octave & my fav Fuzz and put them in a tiny true bypass looper to turn them on and off. Obviously that takes up extra pedalboard space, but there's no compromise in sound!
[/quote]

Thanks, that's an option too... What octavers would you recommend with a small footprint btw?

[quote name='Pob' timestamp='1330906486' post='1564768']
I had the Perseus for a bit. I ended up selling it cos I've got lots of fuzz anyway but I made a demo of it in action. I'll upload it tomorrow am.

It's a cool pedal, tracks really well on bass I found.
[/quote]

Well appreciated mate, will check back to hear it.