Why become a member? ×

Ampeg - SVT 200T V's Micro Stack

drewk_ie

Just thought I put this out there to get some fellow bass players opinions...

Having recently purchased an Ampeg SVT Micro stack (with one 2x10 AV cab), I decided to give it an outing at a gig. Although this is a very small set up, I was impressed with the tone and overall sound throughout the gig... We always use FOH and my bass rigs are always DI'd and I use in ears. In the band there is full drum kit, keyboards, guitarist (Marshall stack), acoustic guitar and four vocals, and the Micro Stack kept up no problems at all...So I've been thinking of getting a second 2x10 AV cab to get the most out of the head and just to have a little more head room.

On the other hand I also have an Ampeg SVT 200T head (my dream bass head) with a 15EN and 210HE cab. These as you well know are monsters compared to the Micro stack, and the fact that they're also flight cased, makes them heavy and awkward for moving from gig to gig... but the sound is, well, what can I say...

I'm toying with the idea of maybe (maybe...) selling off the 15EN & 210HE as I know that the 210AV cabinets would be well up for the challange...

Any thoughts...?

Cheers

Andrew

There are a fair few over on Talkbass that do this, JimmyM being the "main man" so to speak. Check the threads, see what opinions are over there. There are also some video clips of him using this set-up, so you can hear it for yourself.

I think as you always use FOH and are DI`d, there shouldn`t be any problem. Those little AV cabs are great, had one myself for a while.

• 2 months later...

Hi Drew, how you keeping man?

I have two of the 210 cabs and I love this set up! it's so light and portable and sounds huge.
Definately beats lugging the VBA400 or SVT 4PRO rigs around anyways!
Defiantely get a second one if you can.

Didn't you have that 8x6 cab as well?