Why become a member? ×

Anyone fancy trading?

Jimryan

At the beginning of the week I made a post to see if anyone was interested in trading my curbow. Originally it was out of curiosity. However, I've now decided its a requirement. What started off as merely wanting a jazz bass, has turned to "needing" a jazz bass. Be it a 4 or 5, fretted or fretless. Though fretless is a preference.

All I can offer in said trade is my cort curbow 6 string in a delightful metallic red finish. It's a nice bass, but after spending yesterday playing a squier VM fretless I've decided that I'd rather have a jazz bass than the cort.

I just hope someone out there in BC world can help.

I've got both (although my Cort is the five string version and neither of my jazzes are Squiers!). I like both, but for different reasons.

For the money, the Cort Curbow is a very good, well put-together bass. So is the Squier J. They play different and sound different. Each will do things that the other can't.

If you can afford it, keep the Cort AND get a J!! B) :D

Valid point, but I'm not that big a fan of the curbow, the balance and string spacing are my main issues with it. The squier vm jazz is good, I also tried a mex fender fretless yesterday and that was fantastic.

Before I resort to ebay. Lets see if some pictures will tempt one of you lovely lot into wanting this 6 string.

[attachment=101933:photo 6.JPG]
[attachment=101934:photo 7.JPG]
[attachment=101931:photo 4.JPG]
[attachment=101930:photo 3.JPG]
[attachment=101929:photo 2.JPG]
[attachment=101932:photo 5.JPG]
[attachment=101935:photo(1).JPG]