Why become a member? ×

over rated bassists ?

jojoagogo234

[quote name='4-string-thing' timestamp='1331589584' post='1575582']
I am massivley overrated.... A very good drummer friend once described me as "a solid player" Complete tosh, coz I am total crap!

Incidentally, an ex girlfriend once described me as "adequate" I think she overrated me too :(
[/quote]

Ah but it's always so much easier to rate other people than it is to have them rate you. :)

[quote name='risingson' timestamp='1331589870' post='1575595']
Me too. People just seem to love quantifying it all in some respect, god knows why. Maybe if some people on this site opened their minds a bit they might start enjoying music in the way that most other non-musicians do. 'Real' musicians have a knack of making everything to disgustingly clinical.
[/quote]
If your referring to me (in a round about way..seeing as it was us who had the disagreement),then I invite you to
check out my album collection.I guarantee that it is more open minded and varied than most peoples and there
will be choices that will surprise you. Being a 'real' musician doesn't stop me from enjoying music any more than
anyone else.

[quote name='Doddy' timestamp='1331590527' post='1575616']
If your referring to me (in a round about way..seeing as it was us who had the disagreement),then I invite you to
check out my album collection.I guarantee that it is more open minded and varied than most peoples and there
will be choices that will surprise you. Being a 'real' musician doesn't stop me from enjoying music any more than
anyone else.
[/quote]

Not at all Doddy, sorry if it did look to be this way, it wasn't intended. It was just a general observation of also being a working musician and probably heavy use of hyperbole on my behalf.

[quote name='Doddy' timestamp='1331589653' post='1575583']
I think it helps when you are the artist relations manager for Fender for 8 years.
:P
[/quote] well that just about sums up the whole high end of the musician world doesn't it?

I don't think I will be able to sleep tonight after that bit of info.

Another vote for Entwistle for me. In fact the whole of the Who. Bish-bash-Bosh-crash-overplay....sounding like a bunch of 14 year old's in their first band rehearsal

Edited by leftyhook

[quote name='leftyhook' timestamp='1331593036' post='1575667']
well that just about sums up the whole high end of the musician world doesn't it?

I don't think I will be able to sleep tonight after that bit of info.

Another vote for Entwistle for me. In fact the whole of the Who. Bish-bash-Bosh-crash-overplay....sounding like a bunch of 14 year old's in their first band rehearsal
[/quote] Keith Moon is pretty epic, but for the most part I agree.

aaaand Doddy just stated that Fender can be bribed. This scares me.

Edited by lxxwj

[quote name='risingson' timestamp='1331591916' post='1575642']
Not at all Doddy, sorry if it did look to be this way, it wasn't intended. It was just a general observation of also being a working musician and probably heavy use of hyperbole on my behalf.
[/quote]

Nice one. Then all's well :)