Why become a member? ×

SOLD!! Crate BT50 practice amp

spinynorman

My Crate BT50 is becoming surplus to requirements.

It is an astoundingly good amp for private practice, practice with others and even gigs in small places. I bought it when I had a separate head/cab rig to avoid dragging all that stuff to practice and it is more than loud enough to fend off a large drum kit and guitarist. I took it to a gig in a small pub and actually had bass players coming up astonished that such a small combo could sound so good.

It's 50W with a 12" driver. 4 band Eq and variable octaver, which works well. Headphone jack and CD/mp3 input (phono). Built in tuner on the top. Can be connected to an internal speaker, but this disconnects the internal one, so not sure why you'd want to.

It also has a switchable distortion channel, with gain, shape and level controls. Without a footswitch you can have one channel or the other and the distortion isn't good. With a footswitch you can blend the clean and distortion channels, which is better, but I still never used it. I'll include a generic latching footswitch that does the job.

Covering is black carpet, with a plastic handle on the top. It's in good cosmetic condition and fully working.

Price is £80 and you're welcome to collect from Warwickshire, near Stratford on Avon, about 30 mins from J15 on the M40. Or I will courier, but that will cost £25.

Edited by spinynorman

• 1 month later...