Why become a member? ×

Att all MARK BASS owners

Grand Wazoo

Heads up for you all. I just found out this by chance at the last London Bass guitar show in Olympia that Mark Bass have changed their UK Distributors and Support Centre. Previously it used to be Proel International now is this lot:

So if you have any warranty issues or require assistance please note Proel does not support Mark Bass anymore but these people do.

[b][size="1"][color="#a30101"]MSL PROFESSIONAL[/color][/size][/b]
Studio 5, Power Road Studios
W4 5PY - London
Tel 020 71180133
Email: [email="[email protected]"][email protected] [/email]
Web: [url="http://www.mslprofessional.co.uk/"]www.mslprofessional.co.uk[/url]

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1332147547' post='1583769']
Hmm, wonder what the reason for this is
[/quote]

I don't know but personally I find it a bummer, I had befriended those folks at Proel (mainly thanks to the fact that they were nearly all Italians, as I am, we immediately connected, we talked about our good weather,the food, the women and the [i][b]real football played back home[/b][/i]) to the point where I could call them up and go to their warehouse and try all the new Mark Bass stuff at my leisure, didn't even need to carry a bass along cause they (Proel) also distribute those excellent MTD basses. So yeah quite a shame I used to be able to try amps in a soundproof envornment which is something you can't do anymore in a music shop these days for a number of reason, [b]A)[/b] often they haven't got rooms for you to test stuff and [b]B.)[/b] when they let you try something on the shop floor there's always distractions from kids doing their slap/pull workout and the pressure from the salesman "are you considering taking this home today, Sir"

Gutted

Edited by Grand Wazoo

As much as I have heard good stories about Proel, and it seems you struck a chord with them GW, I had a less than impressive experience with them which did put me off Markbass as a whole, (which it shouldn't have). Markbass amps are, less face it, not cheap, and I felt like I had no way of getting help with my amp. For the record, it was a brand new LM3, and the plug has been placed next the amp in packing without any packing material, and it had taken a nasty piece of paint right off it. All I wanted was a swap for a new amp, but they didn't respond to emails and wouldn't deal with me over the phone. In the end the retailer helped me out and let me have my money back.

I still want a nice super clean flat amp but this put me off Markbass. I might give them another try down the line if they reduce prices on the F500.

Good of you to put the update though Fran :) Should be helpful to owners.

Edited by Musicman20

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' timestamp='1332154934' post='1583897']
Gareth you and your bad luck! You seem to have a sad story about ANY brand you've ever bought, are you jinxed? haha! :D I kind of figure you as the Victor Meldrew of bass! (affectionately though)

I see you opening a new bass and going "I don't belieeeeeeeve it!" lol
[/quote]

Haha! You and me both! I having a break from gear so im hoping when I start looking again my luck will have changed.

I think you need to adopt a policy I told my mate to use, MM20, as he always seemed to have bad luck when buying things: Take the item to the counter, pay for it, then, once you`ve been handed the receipt, hand the item and receipt back, and say you`d like to exchange it for one that works/is not damaged. Just change it to work with on-line orders - once the order is placed, e-mail them and state you want the original one they intend to send you exchanging for another identical one. It would cut out all the frustration of getting it delivered, only to have to send it back!

Edited by Lozz196

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1332159066' post='1583975']
I think you need to adopt a policy I told my mate to use, MM20, as he always seemed to have bad luck when buying things: Take the item to the counter, pay for it, then, once you`ve been handed the receipt, hand the item and receipt back, and say you`d like to exchange it for one that works/is not damaged. Just change it to work with on-line orders - once the order is placed, e-mail them and state you want the original one they intend to send you exchanging for another identical one. It would cut out all the frustration of getting it delivered, only to have to send it back!
[/quote]

Ah! Good idea.

[quote name='Gareth Hughes' timestamp='1332167213' post='1584138']
Cheers for that GW. That is a bummer. I've always had good dealings with Paolo there. Helpful guy - even called me up out of the blue just to see how i was getting on with my gear and if I was still happy with it.
[/quote]

Exactly! that was my experience, I even got a call from Paolo when the new Randy Jackson head was in for me to go and try.

Edited by Grand Wazoo