Why become a member? ×

Looking for Bass interface recommendations for Logic Pro 9

sgh

You can pick up a used MBox pretty cheap on eBay, I really like the sound of mine.
If you're considering one of these then make sure it's MBox version 2 and up (blue face), as the original MBox (with Focusrite pre's) aren't compatible with OSX Lion.

OR for just under your budget these are superb - the AD conversion is stunning.

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Apogee-Duet-Interface-cables-/190657631355?pt=UK_Consumer_Professional_RL&hash=item2c6414947b#ht_1731wt_1214"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Apogee-Duet-Interface-cables-/190657631355?pt=UK_Consumer_Professional_RL&hash=item2c6414947b#ht_1731wt_1214[/url]

HTH

I have a Gio which I am actually yet to use. The functionality of having it act as a stomp box controller with Mainstage is going to open up all sorts of possibilities with my Macbook. However, if it is your only interface, not having a mic in will be super limiting. Even if you just want it for bass now, a time will come when chucking a mic in will be useful.

[quote name='owen' timestamp='1333318491' post='1600115']
I have a Gio which I am actually yet to use. The functionality of having it act as a stomp box controller with Mainstage is going to open up all sorts of possibilities with my Macbook. However, if it is your only interface, not having a mic in will be super limiting. Even if you just want it for bass now, a time will come when chucking a mic in will be useful.
[/quote]
Good point owen, hadn't noticed that. Duet or Duet 2 it is then. Thanks

• 7 months later...

I've been having a look at the Duet along with other 'small form factor' interfaces and wondered if anyone has any experience with the Tascam IU2?

http://www.musicradar.com/gear/guitars/computers-software/peripherals/input-devices/audio-interfaces/iu2-562042/review

Looks great if it can be used with both iPad/iPhone AND Mac/PC. There has to be a catch right?

Our keys player had an IU2 for his soft synths for stage use..... we had a few issues with the drivers on occasion he lost audio (which isn't good live) He switched back to his old interface without any issues. Now using the Motu Track 16 but I think thats probably outta price range compared to what OP is looking for

Yes, although I will say that Apple likes to force obsolescence of old tech from time to time. Many feared Firewire was going that way - but the Thunderbolt to Firewire adapters have prolonged things like the Duet for a while longer. If you want to buy an interface and use it for years and years and years, however, the Duet 2 may be a better buy, being USB. It's six of one and half a dozen of the other, however, as the Duet 2 costs about twice as much as the original can be had for (but has a few more features, balanced outputs, and is a slightly more refined take on the concept).

Words cannot express just how much better the Duet sounds than onboard sound, though. It really does sound great.