Why become a member? ×

A cheeky but humble request...

Conan

Good morning!

This is aimed at Basschatters in the North of England and South of Scotland, but who knows?

Basically, I need a fretless bass for a short period of time. I don't want to buy one, and couldn't afford one anyway!

My mate, who is the drummer in my band, is having a party for his fiftieth birthday in about six weeks time.Some of our Geordie members may know him - Craig Gill. Craig wants music at the party so he has put a band together (with me playing bass) to play a set of his favourite tunes. Two or three of these really need a fretless bass and I no longer possess one!

I could (kind of) approximate the sound on a fretted bass,but it just wouldn't be the same, so I was wondering if some wonderful person would consider loaning me a fretless (a cheap one would be fine) for a few weeks? It could even be a swap, with me loaning you one one of my basses... I would collect or you could drop off so you would know where I live :ph34r:

Anyway, I know it's a long shot, but as we say up here "Shy bairns get nowt". :D

Edited by Conan

[quote name='The Bass Doc' timestamp='1332665488' post='1591215']
Would you prefer lined or unlined?
[/quote]

:gas: Howard, buggers can't be choosers mate! In an ideal world, unlined (as it looks more cool) but markers on the top of the neck where the frets would be...

But I'm easily satisfied :rolleyes: :D

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1332676662' post='1591423']
My P is here too, but only flats allowed. :-)
[/quote]

Cheers Michael. Looking forward to seeing Howard's "Funk Machine" first though! :D

[quote name='The Bass Doc' timestamp='1332691628' post='1591688']
Check out on the beast on the right! Kinda scarey eh?[/quote]

Oh my lord!! :D A scrap merchant's dream!! Mudbuckers a go-go,,, What on earth does that sound like? :o :)