Why become a member? ×

Orange SP212 CAB

AMPEG

I know this sounds like a daft question particularly as i've been playing bass for 30 years. i have bought an Orange SP212 cabinet which was delivered without any manual. Can anyone tell me if the speaker connector has a jack connection in the middle of it or is it speakon only?

Thanks for all the replies guys and 'yes' it does take a jack in the middle of the speakon. Can''t believe how dinky the speaker cab is but how much air it moves, the Genz Benz shuttle sounds amazing though it.... at last a high quality sound with a tiny footprint (ideal for when your stuck playing between the bog and the bandit in some shithole....now to make a little rack to elevate the amp above the carrying handle of the speaker cab.

• 2 months later...

Can i ask what head you are using with your SP212? I have been looking at the Orange TB 500 head for a while and was thinking that a pair of SP212's with that head would be my ideal mini rig. Not a cheap option though so what do you think of them. Be brutally honest, i can take it.