Why become a member? ×

Extension cab for a tecamp puma combo?

Jesso

Hi all,
Just wondering if there is anyone out there with experience of adding an extension cab to the Tecamp 212 puma combo.
I recently got my hands on this combo, and it's excellent in almost way.

But I was clipping at the last gig I played. It was a big room to loads of people, but I always have P.A. support.... so it's not a real problem as I could still hear myself easily, just felt I was missing a bit of "heft" behind me.
I reckon this is due to the cab being 8 ohms mainly as well as me not being used to a rear ported cab.
So..... I was thinking that maybe a front ported 1x12 of some type would be quite sweet for bigger rooms.
Anyone got any suggestions or experience?

Should I be considering cab sensitivity? Could that be a possible issue?
Thanks!
:)

I know in theory it shouldn't make a difference, but so far any time I've had a rear ported cab I've felt that the projection changes.... like there is more on stage sound, and not as much sound out front. I could be imagining it! Do you happen to know if the clipping issue is me clipping the pre amp or the power amp by the way?

How much more oomph do you need? I'm thinking of selling my Tech Soundsystems (now called tecamp) 4x12 (8 ohms), and would you look at that, you're not far away... Might be too much though...

Edited by Bigwan

[quote name='Bigwan' timestamp='1333020298' post='1596222']
How much more oomph do you need? I'm thinking of selling my Tech Soundsystems (now called tecamp) 4x12 (8 ohms), and would you look at that, you're not far away... Might be too much though...
[/quote]
Errrmmm.... might be a touch too big for me!
Although then again, I'm thinking about a big one (barefaced) which may be overkill.... but I'd like the option of using whichever cab I choose on it's own if I like, (for variety's sake!)
When you say I'm not that far away.... you do know I'm in Ireland right?

[quote name='Jesso' timestamp='1333040758' post='1596686']
Sorry, Ballymena! Just checked yer profile!
[/quote]

Yeah not that far away as I say... and you could hire out your rig for knocking down walls when you weren't using it! The 4x12's awesomeness is much more than I currently require!

Sure thing:
[url="http://www.tech-soundsystems.de/eng/12er/412.html"]http://www.tech-soundsystems.de/eng/12er/412.html[/url]

Only 13lbs heavier than my GS112 (a cab you have experience of too I believe).