Why become a member? ×

Ashdown ABM BP1510 for cheaps

I'm selling an Ashdown cab. Solid and heavy. 15", 2 10"s and a horn.

When I bought this from Sound Control an Ashdown rep told me the first 100 (of which this is one) were a production run for John Entwistle, who played each one at the factory and chose his favourite few. I'm not sure how much truth there is to this story, but the notion of Entwistle standing in front of this cab for a few seconds, going *CLUNG* "Nope. Next" is a compelling one. This is one of the first run, handmade I believe rather than the later mass-produced model with inferior construction and those blue-coned speakers.

[u]There is one issue of important note[/u] - both the 10" drivers have a small amount of tear to their surround. This is audible at higher volumes, though I have made some great sounding recordings with it, even recently. I'm told these drivers can be repaired easily and inexpensively, or obviously replaced.

The amp is structurally in great condition, and the horn and 15" driver work fine. Before it came to me I think it had been gigged a bit - the tolex certainly suggests this. In the six years I've owned it it has been the main bass rig in a recording studio and looked after.

It's not a particularly fast cab but it is thick and meaty and heavy. I've recorded this cabinet a LOT and I never have to worry about low end - generally I can just get away with micing up a 10 and leave the 15 for the times I need super-sub. This cab has been on recordings that have had national TV and Radio play, Radio 1, XFM, MTV, that kind of thing. I even let a Happy Monday play it once :c/ It's a really, really nice cab and I'll be sad to see it go.

£350 is what I'm looking for. I'm open to offers: I'm not looking to sell it for peanuts but I do want to sell quickly and understand the 10s need repair or replacement. I beleive these were around the £1k mark new. thecrashfactory at gmail dotcom. Collection only from Nottingham city centre. Thanks!