Why become a member? ×

Wal Pro 11E no.1124 REDUCED £1750...Sale Pending!

k50

I've owned this bass since the mid eighties and its time to move it on as i reduce the number of basses in the collection.The original neck warped,and was replaced in 87 as shown in the photo's,however, It does balance better than the original.
There is cracking in the finish,a few dints and dings as expected on a bass of this age.The buckle rash was before my time !!! The electronics and pots have also been changed in the mid nineties , During a phone call to Pete i found out he had one Pro board left which i bought and installed. Since i moved to five strings around this time the bass has hardly been used since.Its just had an service and fret polish and all ready to go.

Feel free to ask any questions .

Final price drop £1750 firm.

Thanks for looking. Edited by k50

Master vol. , individual pick up vol's , tone sweep for each pick up . Middle switch is the pick attack , treble boost and the other two switches give each pick up an altered Q setting . That's the way I would explain it , I'm sure somebody will correct me . Also a toggle switch for the pick up's .

[quote name='k50' timestamp='1334935069' post='1623753']
Master vol. , individual pick up vol's , tone sweep for each pick up . Middle switch is the pick attack , treble boost and the other two switches give each pick up an altered Q setting . That's the way I would explain it , I'm sure somebody will correct me . Also a toggle switch for the pick up's .
[/quote]

Wowsa, even more options available than the usual Wal 4 knobs with tone/mid sweep that gives you just about any sound! More sounds than you can easily shake a stick at in fact!?!

Yeah, your price is miles out - my offer of £100 is a LOT closer to the mark...

... ah well, it was worth a try. That is an absolutely beautiful bass - really got me thinking about whether I need to buy another car or not. Or even how many kidneys I [i]actually need[/i].

Best of luck with the sale.

Genuine replacement Wal neck signed and dated inside neck pocket,apologies for any confusion.Its the smaller custom shaped headstock , hence the better balance.Will stick a photo of the logo up in the morning.

[IMG]http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o530/overwater1/wal014.jpg[/IMG]

Lovely Wal; and quite an early one too!

There's a fair number of the early Pro Models that had replacement necks fitted and those replacement necks sported the redesigned headstock which was part of the Wal Custom range (along with redesigned electronics, mahagony bodies and laminated wood fascias)..

IIRC, all the Wal Pro models were Ash bodies.

It also looks to me like the bridge was changed at some point too, as most of the Pro model bridges were finished in chrome silver, whereas the Customs had the Black finish on the bridges.

Best of luck with the sale! :)