Why become a member? ×

Virtuoso by Hurley pick ups

lockpicker1969

[size="3"]I used the Hurley on my first jam night and first outing with my db yesterday (only been playing db around 2months). Did 4 songs and went down ok. During sound check it sounded excellent, really warm natural and smooth. I was going through a fender acoustic amp and a di out to a fishman pa,both are our singers for the backline.i think the main pa was a peavey. Couldn’t be bothered to drag my trace out.[/size]
[size="3"]. I was unsure of a couple of songs so I turned down a notch just before we went on, basically I bottled it. The feedback later was that I wasn’t loud enough, surprise surprise. I have ordered a Hurley direct from Ryan Hurley in the USA but it still hasn’t come after over 3 weeks. I would certainly recommend these pups, they are very good value for money . i will update the forum when it finnaly arrives.[/size]

[quote name='BassBus' timestamp='1335087698' post='1625460']
Certainly it's a lot less than my Shadow cost me. But how can you rate something as good value that hasn't arrived for three months. Be interesting to see how this turns out.
[/quote]

Think it's been a 3 week delay, not 3 months. :)

[size=3][color="#000000"][font="Calibri"]Ok this pup has not arrived yet, I ordered it 2[sup]nd[/sup] April .email correspondence has been swapping with me and Ryan Hurley and I must say I am disappointed .Has any one else had problems with ordering this pup from Hurley USA?[/font][/color][/size]
[size=3][color="#000000"][font="Calibri"]i have got fed up of waiting and have now ordered the K&K bass max from thomann hopefully this will arrive this week [/font][/color][/size]

no pup yet. he said he would send another out but i would have to pay P&P again. i am not happy this is not good service. here is the last email i got off him 2 days ago.

I talked to the people at the post office today and they told me that
international tracking is going to cost between $20 and $30. I am
going to have to just issue you a refund I think. It's too bad you're
not going to get to try my pickup.

~ryan~

[color="#000000"][size=3]Still no Hurley pup although my K&K arrived within 3 days from Thomann. I thought this was a very good service so I have ordered the [/size][size=3]Harley Benton BA5110C Bass Combo from them. Can’t wait for it to arrive. This db business is and expensive hobby but so much worth it. My next buy will be an adjustable bridge then hopefully I will be done .(yer right)[/size][/color]

[size=5][color="#000000"][font="Calibri"]Update email from Ryan Hurley [/font][/color][/size]

I issued you a refund. The USPS is useless and offered me no help at
all. I called them a few times and wasted hours of my life trying to
get this issue resolved for you but every person I talked to from the
postal service told me that if the item is stuck at customs in another
country there is nothing they can do. Before you start posting that my
customer service sucks I want you to know that I literally spent hours
of my time trying to locate the pickup. Also I have decided that I am
just going to sell in the U.S.. I am going to lose a ton of business
but there is no way for me to track my pickup when I send them
overseas without having the customer spend a ton of money on shipping.
I been going through a lot of hassle lately of people telling me their
pickup hasn't arrived and I have no way of knowing if they are just
taking advantage of me or not. I am not accusing you of doing this but
I have had quite a bit of lost pickups lately. More in the past few
months than I have had in the past 4 years combined. I'm trying to be
a nice guy buy only charging people $3 shipping when everyone knows
when they get their pickup that the shipping I paid is quite a bit
more than only $3. I don't know what else to do but cut my losses and
just quit international sales. It blows but I am starting to lose
money because of "lost" pickups.

I think he needs to look at his business model. If he spends pennies on shipping he will get pennies of a service. At least you are getting your money back.

And yes DB is an expensive business. Just wait till you need to change strings.

That's frustrating all round. I ordered my pickup from Ryan via eBay, had it shipped out the next day and was with me within a week I think, with no hold up or custom charges, and all for $3 shipping internationally. It's a good product and it's sad that Ryan is having to take this route - tho unavoidable without charging higher shipping rates which then negates the fabulous value of his product - and also sad for folks like lockpicker1969 who have ended up having their heads wrecked.