Why become a member? ×

2x Hartke HX112 1x12 cabs. 4/8 Ohm switchable *SOLD*

Dood

Hi all!

I'm feeling G.A.Ssy and fancy buying some new toys. This little rig is therefore off to a new home. I've had both cabs about 8 months I guess. I'll check that for sure! In that time these cabs have come out to two gigs and about 5 rehearsals, so they haven't been used tha much. My big rig gets far more action these days.

Anyway, i'll post pics tomorrow with some more details. In the meantime, I'll do the pair for £500 collected. Really are amazing cabs with true impedance switching. You can run each at either 4 or 8 ohms, or daisy chain them for a 4 ohm or 2 ohm 2x12 monster!

Both feature tweeters that can be adjusted between full on, -6dB or off.

PM me or reply on this thread.

Cheers,

Doood.

P.s. I'm in Norwich.

£500 / pair / collected.

Edit: pictures below, split prices and possible shipping.

Tempting as I know they are nice basses Andy, but i know it'd never get used, much like the 5 stringer I bought for teaching/ workshops. It barely gets lifted from the wall hook! Thank you anyway though!

Picture on my Facebook for now:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/393092_10150355318153123_586168122_8616548_1208364868_n.jpg

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1334965793' post='1624302']
Tempting as I know they are nice basses Andy, but i know it'd never get used, much like the 5 stringer I bought for teaching/ workshops. It barely gets lifted from the wall hook! Thank you anyway though!
[/quote]

Cheers Dan. How are you getting on with the Kilo?

andy

I'm really enjoying it! It's an awesome beast with tons of power on tap. I was actually just on the 'phone to another Andy about it! There's something to be said for amps with huge power supplies and meaty output stages, i'm sure. The Kilo has a lot of girth and sounds amazing paired with my 4.5xl cabs. It's a big rig not for the feint hearted! Yeah, i'm genuinely really pleased with its features and tone. In some ways there's more than I need, but then... Everyone knows I love buttons and flashing lights!! I used to use a '99 SvT2 Pro years ago. I had in for years. It was an amazing beast with decent valves in. I think the Kilo is a nice welcome back to a nice big fat bass tone!

A pile of toys that i have had my eye on! New effects board, some studio kit and one or two component upgrades. When I'm done I'll probably advertise some other items too.Mainly though, i am slowly learning that I should only buy kit I actually really need!

[attachment=105655:IMG_0132.jpg]

Here are my two cabs. As you can see I have moved the feet on to the side of the cabinets. This has the added bonus of making the stack taller and slimmer. Closer to your ears and takes up less room on stage. It also means that the handle is now on the top of the cabinet, not the side, making them easy to carry and put down on the floor with one in each hand. They really are light enough to carry this way, even for ole me with a bad back!

I noticed earlier that one cab's tolex has peeled a little on the bottom. I have the necessary professional glue to tidy that up. Makes zero difference to the sound obviously.

I will be happy to split if at £270 each collected, but would prefer a quick sale at £500 for the pair collected. Shipping may be possible, but finding boxes for these could prove a little taxing! - I would also entertain meeting somewhere within say 40mins drive for petrol money, Cappuccino and Pie!

Hey Dood,
bad timing, I'm looking for a 2 x 1x12 rig later this year, and I'd love to try these Hartke's out...
I know you used to have an Aggie GS112 a while back, how do these compare?

Have a cheeky BUMP!

Eude

He he he!! Thanks Jim! - I know! G.A.S calls!

Ewan, the GS112 has a more scooped tone. There's definitely more mids to the HX112's making them sound warmer. The GS112 sounds deeper at lower volumes but I feel that it could get lost in the mix. A single HX112 having more mids may make it sound less bassy, but I reckon the HX despite it's lower sensitivity figure sounds louder. Not that volume is the be-all-and-end-all, that's just what I think, using the same amp as I had when I had the GS. (Not the Kilo). A pair work well together given the true impedance switching to make sure amps are loaded correctly. Always nice to know you have many possible configurations (as I mentioned above) without fear of unleashing some of that magical amp smoke!! heh!

Cheers mate, I know what you mean, the GS 112 did end up sounding scooped at volume.
Glad to hear the Hartke's push out more of those lovely mids :)
Someone is going to get a bargain.

Another cheeky BUMP for ya!

Eude

Hi Jackers!

I've only played the RH450 through the HX410, the 4x10 equivalent. It was loud and punchy! I'd actually expect the 2x12's to actually sound fatter and deeper as the 4x10 cabinet is a sealed unit. The HX112's have front facing ports. The HX112's would be amazing with the impedance switching with the RH i reckon!

Ahhhh! Thank you! They are great cabs.

Preliminary investigations suggest that insured shipping in england could be around £20 per cab. This coupled with the low price I am selling at inthe first place is still a bargain i feel. You are, obviously, most welcome to collect. I will also be travelling down south east on Friday 4th May.

Wish these were away! Glad you are enjoying the Kilo Dood, I like it a lot but still coming to terms with its complexity. I do think though, that the AK series cabs are more LH1000 orientated than the Kilo and that is most likely the reason I'm not enjoying it as I should be.

andy