Why become a member? ×

2006 Fender Strat - Mint condition

I have a 2006 Fender Stratocaster - all completely standard - for sale.

I'm the second owner having bought it as an investment from a guitar shop owner, but as a bass player it has sat, unloved and unused in its case since then. I have everything with it, all case candy etc. still sealed. The guitar has all of its production stickers on it as well as the plastic film on the scratchplate too (although this is 6 years old and has yellowed a little). It was made in the 60th anniversary year of the strat (2006) and has those stickers on it too.

The guitar plays reasonably, but could do with a few years gigging and breaking in, like I said, this strat is pretty much new. I've never played it in anger - or softly (I wouldn't know where to start).

It's flawless profile has only one minor mark from being sat in a stand (I think this may have been done at the guitar shop). There are some terribly minor (almost insignificant) marks - imperceptible to the eye, but there to the touch, on the G string fret. I'm just trying to be honest.

The guitar has its original case, which has a couple of marks too from storage.

I am having to sell due to the looming spectre of joblessness, hence its very reasonable price (I feel at least) of £625 delivered with 24 hour, insured Royal Mail (I'm a big fan of the Royal Mail!).

I have photos and will arrange to photobucket these later (I'm at work now - for a short while anyways!). Send me a PM if you want them sent via email.

I can't accept trades.

I'm based in Bristol and, whilst not particularly regular on this board, I used to use it a lot and have a good reputation, well, I'd like to think so anyway. If you want to call me about this guitar, please do so on: 07920 420 438.

I'm quite sad to see it go and would obviously prefer if somebody came around and tried it out.

Having just read my description, it doesn't sound like the guitar plays well - that's not true at all.

What I would say is that it needs to be set-up properly for your style of playing. I left it in the case, strung (but detuned to avoid any impact on the neck).

I'm a fan of vintage instruments, with my main guitar being a 60s Fender and this, being a new strat, to me feels like it needs some real investment of time and elbow grease to get it moving and grooving.

Hope that's a little clearer - didn't want to give you the wrong impression! hehe.