Why become a member? ×

New amp day tomorrow...

4 Strings

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1335573729' post='1633426']
Ooh lovely, thanks for the review! :D A good Motown is important to me, too.
[/quote]

I'll hopefully do a proper one when I've got used to it and have a little time.

Still waiting (or have missed) a review on your BFM!

[quote name='Highfox' timestamp='1335587898' post='1633454']
Good choice.
I'm still using the 600 version.
[/quote]

How are you finding it? So far mines not as 'warm' as the reviews have been saying but then I'm not comparing it directly with anything in particular (although my old SWR Workingman is warm).

I'm finding, if I'm careless with the two gain controls that I can overdrive something I shouldn't (probably the power section) and get a nasty clicking sound before the 'Clip' light comes on. It only happens at a pointless setting of both knobs on '10'. Does yours do that?

[quote name='4 Strings' timestamp='1335602635' post='1633545']
How are you finding it? So far mines not as 'warm' as the reviews have been saying but then I'm not comparing it directly with anything in particular (although my old SWR Workingman is warm).

I'm finding, if I'm careless with the two gain controls that I can overdrive something I shouldn't (probably the power section) and get a nasty clicking sound before the 'Clip' light comes on. It only happens at a pointless setting of both knobs on '10'. Does yours do that?
[/quote]

I'm running my 600 at '12' on Gain & pre-vol & 11 on master but depends on where my EQ sits.
Are you running it at 4 or 8 ohm. When running at 8 ohm i found mine started to occasionally flash the limit LED but according to manual you can run it like this without any issues. On 4 ohms I've had it running with Master at 13 and limit lite only just starts to flash. I have only used this setting once with bass boosted to 3 because of AE112 cabs. Fine with the HT322 because i don't boost bass at all.
With regards the overdrive sound it can cope with that too without issue.
I also found that my 2 Berg AE112 neo cabs were a little bass lite and now use my Berg HT322 and only EQ i use now is slight boost of 220Hz frequency.

I'm not sure what the nasty clicking noise is though. Can't say I've actually heard that.

Dave

I went from the Shuttle to the Streamliner, so found it did warm my sound up a bit when compared to the crystal clear Shuttle.
I'm driving a NeoX T 212 at 4 ohms and haven't run into the clip light or clicking noise just yet. My settings are like dmccombe7's, normally I just set and forget and adjust volume for different venues.

Thanks guys, seems little adjustment from 12 O Clock being necessary for anyone, me too. I'm experimenting with noosting the lower of the mid bands a little, 220Hz seems to add a bit of punch. Barefaced cabs so each is a nominal 8Ω. I love it with the bass control up, not sure how clear that will be in a gig but sounds great indoors!

I also found with the second volume up too high it hisses a little.

So far, everything is virtually at 12, master vol at 9, although tomorrow evening is the noisy rehearsal, I'll take 2 cabs and see how it operates into 4Ω. I'm expecting it to be quite a bit louder but the master volume staying at 9. I'm more interested in how it pushes out some deep vibes though, hope it responds.

[quote name='chardbass' timestamp='1335813467' post='1636511']
But did you sound a bit more like Bernard Edwards than before?
Hope it works out for you tomorrow.
[/quote]

YES, thanks, I did!!

Only with my MM though. Mind you, I sound more like him because I'm practicing to do so ( long way to go on that score!), but it does give that punch Bernard got.

Tried it with a Jazz Deluxe at rehearsals tonight and suddenly it all went wrong. Its a confusing thing trying to rush to get the best sound using more than one bass. Perhaps I should sell the Jazz.