Why become a member? ×

Strap

slobluesine

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]John, this doesn't have the Fender buckle, so i think this is either;[/size][/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]1) Not a Fender strap, unless its a pre-56 strap, which would look very much like this.[/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]2) It could also be a 'no-mark' strap from '64 made by some other manufacturer, as you said it came with a '64 Jazz bass.[/size][/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]This style of strap is very generic though, and was probably typical of the 50's and 60's. Most manufacturers though (Except Fender), used to brand their straps, Fender didn't start branding until late '56/'57. [/size][/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]I have an original strap with my '52, and it looks similar to yours. My '58 Precision strap has the logo on the clasp, as does my 1/57 Precision strap. [/size][/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]Not an easy one. Hope this helps??[/size][/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]Rick[/size][/font]

Edited by Rick's Fine '52

Looks like the one which the straps Fender supply with the American Vintage '57 & '62 models are based on :rolleyes:

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/kjon51/Fender%2062%20Jazz%20Bass%20American%20Vintage%20V197801/200420121345.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='slobluesine' timestamp='1335464778' post='1631702']
did Fender even ship early guitars with straps? has your strap any logos on KiOgan?
[/quote]

Yes they did. You can see pictures from the Fender factory in the late 50's showing finished guitars with straps attached. They also appear in the Fender catalogs from '51 to present day.

The reissues also have the same logo'd clasp as the originals, as that's the point, they are vintage reissues; this is a pic of my strap and cable from '58 (not the best pic), the same style of both that appear as the case candy in the reissues, as shown in the pic above.