Why become a member? ×

New Amp Day!

Dave Vader

Yep, got home at lunchtime to see my new harley benton promethean clone sat in the living room having turned up from Thomann in less than 3 days!
Sadly I am at work now, and have to go straight to an art exhibition at the school my wife works at afterwards. So no time to play with it.

Would have been worse if I'd taken the day off to use it, massive power cut left the whole town with no electric for most of this morning. That would have been awful... :)

Will let you all know what it's like if I ever get to plug it in and use it.
:(

I've just had a bit of a play with it. It is not bad so far. haven't put it through the big speaker yet, but it makes a pleasing enough sound on it's own, and should be loud enough for little acoustic gigs. I'm not convinced by it's sounds just yet, my fretless seems a lot less mwahhy than usual, and the low notes with my trusty fretted P seem a bit wobbly and uncertain. Might be the driver (I have an eminence lying about that I will put in it when I am convinced, but don't want to void the warranty just yet).
I will have to gig it a bit to be sure, but I think it will be good.
My garage/studio is all carpety walls, and too sterile to be sure, needs a big wooden venuey room to be happy with it.
Certainly does variety, all the little knobs and stuff are good to get plenty of noises. And the power light flashes red to warn you if you're getting a bit loud before the actual clip light starts to flash. Took me a while to figure that out from a distance.
I like the rubber foot as well

Okay, it's the driver, it doesn't seem to cope with the low notes so well, might just need playing in. However, I hooked it up to my 2 15" cabs this afternoon and it was truly lovely. Sounds great, I then hooked my GK Backline 600 up straight after, and the HB was much tighter, more focused and a more punchy lovely sound than the amp I have been perfectly happy with for the last 3 years.
Hoorah, it is a keeper. Will persevere and do a couple of gigs with the standard speaker, and if I'm still not happy with it I will swap it out for that eminence I've got to see how that works out.
Hugely recommended amp from me. That head is proper good. And cheap....