Why become a member? ×

Just got hold of these- Fender Fretless P Bass and Washburn AB20

Old Horse Murphy

I've had rather a busy day and acquired 2 new basses!

First up is a Washburn AB20 that I bought off this forum for a new Acoustic project. It's a stunning bass and in superb condition.

I picked it up from Christchurch, got back in the car and by the time I'd arrived home the singer had emailed everyone and told them he's moving to Romford with his job- end of project!! I need to decide whether to move it on or keep it, but at the moment I can't see anything else I would use it for. :(

Second up is a Fender Japan 62 P Bass fretless. I've not seen many of these in the UK at all and paid a fair amount for it. It's in great condition and weighs a very comfortable 9lbs.

Again, I bought this for the same project but as I have a lovely Stingray Fretless, I'm not sure if this is a keeper or not.

Anyway, here are some pics:

[quote name='Jono Bolton' timestamp='1335719766' post='1634988']
That fretless P is beautiful!
[/quote]

The plan was to put some tapewounds on it, but as the project has folded, I'm nut sure it will get much of a look in as my Stingray Fretless is lovely and gets a lot of play

Hey Nick, wonderful basses. I had one of those Washburn acoustic basses and they are superb but again, I had no use for mine and sold it. Loving the fretless precision also. Would be interested to hear your thoughts on what the tone is like on a fretless precision.

[quote name='Linus27' timestamp='1335777690' post='1635698']
Hey Nick, wonderful basses. I had one of those Washburn acoustic basses and they are superb but again, I had no use for mine and sold it. Loving the fretless precision also. Would be interested to hear your thoughts on what the tone is like on a fretless precision.
[/quote]

When I've got a bit of time I'll pop over with it mate :)