Why become a member? ×

Is my old 1977 fender jazz still out there?

Brummiejon

Hi all

In my youth I had a brand new sunburst fender jazz bought with an insurance payout after an RTA..... I played it till the frets wore out, I modded (butchered) it by installing a ric pickup near the fretboard, I ended up getting my local luthier (jay dee) to sort it out cos of my butchery.. I traded it in about 1984 for a custom built guitar doctor... I don't know the serial number but the bass would be identifiable by the mod..... If anyone discovered that under the pickguard of their beloved 70's jazz there was a ric pup sized route created (butchered) with wood bits and chisel, it's likely to be my old jazz...... Ring any bells? I'd be fascinated to know what happened to it....
BJ

Could be anywhere , not all bass players come here , be nice to track it down though ! Good luck ;)
Ps I know If I had one of that vintage I would be having a good dig around in all the right places and defo before parting with any cash would want to have a look under the pick guard

Edited by gub